Friday 9 February 2007

The weekend ahead

Well, what a week it's been!!

Snow fell and the innocence of children came to the fore as Snowmen cropped up everywhere. At work outside my window was a father and his daugher building a snowman in a past time that cost no money but was sheer enjoyment for them and me to watch. Part of it still exists today despite snow melting and the rain coming down. Reminds me a bit of 'The Snowman'.

Spurs are into the last 16 of the UEFA Cup without kicking a ball or scoring a goal thanks to the fans from Feyenoord and crowd trouble in a group match. Spurs will play Parma or Braga on 8th and 15th March.

The meetings I've attended with local residents have been really useful and informative in more ways than one. Last night at one Residents' Association meeting over 20 people attended despite the bad weather. Despite what the media say, I do believe that people are interested in local politics and where they live.

There was the East Barnet council by-election yesterday. I found it interesting that the Lib Dems were calling it a two-horse race between them and the Tories - talk about flogging a dead horse, it was indeed a two-horse race, but between Labour and the Tories, but why let the little matter of fact get in the way of fiction. The Tories won with 1666 votes to 1025 for Labour, 552 for the Liberals and 147 for the Greens. Given the weather a good turnout!

I have my Wood Green surgery tomorrow morning before going to Hackney for party business in the afternoon. Going for a meal with a girlfriend tomorrow night. When I say girlfriend, I don't mean that type of girlfriend. Well, you know I'm gay so you'll know what I mean..... Moving swiftly on to Sunday and I shall be joining residents at Noel Park (the park) for a walk around the park to see how we can improve the area. Then Sunday afternoon a social meeting of HarinGAY, the Borough's local LGBT social group meeting.

I hope that you have a good weekend!

No comments: