Saturday 17 February 2007

A late start

Woke up late this morning, around 10ish.

Quite nice actually cos there are no meetings today, so was up late on the computer and printer last night and didn't get to bed till around three. I wouldn't mind if I'd been out clubbing. I would probably have slept longer but the Council have been round doing the clean sweep in Wood Green, so a good chance to get rid of bits 'n' bobs which have been hanging round gathering dust.

The clean sweeps are really popular for people getting rid of old stuff and also, I have to say for people walking the streets in the hope of finding something useful. I threw out an old bike (yep, I used to ride them, though not of late looking at my not so slim-like figure!!) and a couple of hours later it had been taken. So, to whoever took my bike, no problems with that, but it had gathered a touch of rust and the back tire was as flat as a boring pancake.

Doing some Councillor calling tomorrow with some other party members who will be out helping me (thanks to them). As I mentioned previously in my blogs, these are really useful exercises in terms of being out and about, though the only downside does mean no late Saturday nights with a hangover in the morning - not of course that such things would happen!!

No comments: