Wednesday 14 February 2007

Doesn't red mean stop?

On Monday evening gone, it took almost two hours to get home from work.

Any how, waiting for either a 144 or W3 bus at the Great Cambridge Road/White Hart Lane in the pouring rain during a half-hour period (I know I could have walked) I must have seen around 15 cars speeding through the red lights, with around half of the drivers on their mobile phones as well, yep one hand on the steering wheel and the other on the phone.

Now forgive me, but I thought that the red light at traffic lights meant stop? Suddenly, some of my fellow citizens want to save themselves a minute or so by going through the red light. How many people need to be seriously injured or killed before people realise it just ain't worth it?

That is why I support speed cameras and CCtv at traffic lights.

No comments: