Saturday 10 March 2007

No more whipping!

Sounds like I am into SM, well it ain't and I'm not!!

Earlier in the week I confirmed to my fellow Labour councillors on the Council that I will neither seek or accept nomination to continue as Haringey Labour Chief Whip in our group elections in May.

Having made the "neither" comment, one person liked the link to LBJ (ex-US President Lyndon Johnson), which I didn't realise until I re-read it. Typical, I thought it sounded such a good line.

My decision not to continue as Chief Whip is to spend more time with my ward constituents. Also, as a number of meetings of residents groups and other groups take place on Thursday nights and therefore it makes it more difficult to be at Labour Group and Labour Executive meetings, which also meet on Thursday nights. As Chief Whip, one needs to lead by example in attending Group meetings. So, my days of whipping are coming to an end as I pop off to the backbenches.

No comments: