Saturday 10 March 2007

Another week gone

Well, that's another week gone by!

Quite a busy one actually and one which has been spent mostly doing ward work. If I have no meetings planned I usually try and visit local residents and do my e-mails, etc, which was the case for Monday. Tuesday was attending the Sandlings Residents' Association meeting and agreeing to organise a Quiz Night for them. Aaargh!!! Having said yes to Saturday 12th May I now find out that is Eurovision Night. I'm going to miss Eurovision for the first time in years (in fact the last time I missed this was during the Wapping dispute in the mid-1980s).

Wednesday was my surgery where a few people attended followed by going to the Noel Park Policing Ward Panel meeting. One of the concerns I raised was about people cycling on footpaths. The Police had actually done a number of fixed penalty notices that very same day. There was a suggestion about taking bikes from regular offenders, which sounds an excellent idea. How many more people should be pushed in the roads or have their bags stolen by cyclists? This may seem an attack on cyclists, it isn't, just those who think that they are above the law!

Thursday attended a General Purposes Committee and got home in enoguh time to see Spurs win in their attempt for European glory (hurrah!!) and last night my surgery at the Wood Green library. A couple of people said they were coming to me as our MP has appointment-only surgeries, whereas my four surgeries a month are walk-in surgeries.

As one person said, if the MP spent less time promoting herself on the radio and more time being available they'd have more respect for her. I do wonder how it is that when Barbara Roche was the Labour MP for Hornsey & Wood Green she could do four walk-in surgeries a month as well as a couple of appointment-only surgeries - and some of this was at a time when she was a Minister. So come on Lynne, how about it?

Finally, had another surgery this morning and now following up the cases from last night and arranging visits to local residents for the week ahead.

Tomorrow, will spend the morning walking around parts of the ward, followed by my local Labour Party Branch meeting (can't believe we booked this during the Spurs-Chelsea FA Cup match) and then later in the day I have a social meeting of HarinGAY, the Borough's local LGBT social group.

I'm free on Monday night so far!!!

Next Saturday will be fun though when I pop over to Barking for the one-day Dr Who Convention. Four former Doctors (Peter Davision, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy and Paul McGann) as well as former assistant, Sophie Aldred (Ace), will be there, then I shall pop over to my Mum who also lives in Barking to see her for Mother's Day.

No comments: