Wednesday 14 November 2007

Not a fashion parade.... but

I was interested in Hunter and Shooter's blog about events at the Tottenham Remembrance Service on Sunday gone to share my views about the Wood Green service.

Once again, and I am really sorry to say, we did not have the service in St. Michael's Church, which is a real shame, but hey they want to be political correct I guess, but it leaves a sad feeling especially for members of the Royal British Legion. By the way, I was Christened at St. Michael's and have gone there for services on a number of occasions in recent years.

However, moving on and of course it was nice to see a couple of hundred people turn up, the cadets, different associations from the forces and voluntary and community groups and of course, we politicians were there. For the record, I have been attending the Wood Green service since around the age of 12 when my Nan first took me. Nuff moving away, what I was taken aback over, and I know that this is not a fashion parade, was the decision of our MP to wear as short a dress, or was it a skirt, possible, with high-heel shoes and what can only be described as a tea cosy on her head! A number of people, and not all Labour or politicians made comments about this.

It just seemed as if the MP was going to a private function afterwards and didn't want to change. I'm sorry if this seems a personal attack and it really isn't meant to be, but it did not look respectful and I hope that next year she'll think about what she is wearing and where she is wearing it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Strange woman...