Friday 24 August 2007

And the weather forecast is....

I shall be doing my surgery tomorrow then catching the train to head up to Manchester for the weekend for their Pride Weekend.

My main hope is that the weather stays good and it doesn't rain. Hopefully the sun will shine (finally) and I shall do my best not to do a repeat of Brighton Pride a few weeks back and go as red as a lobster.

Which has got me thinking...... I seem to recall from some of those involved in climate change issues warning of one of the hottest summers. Excuse me, but where would this be, certainly not North London. Thankfully some of those spreading doom and gloom about climate change and the weather weren't around during the Ice Age, no planes to blame there me thinks, indeed one wonders who would have been to blame for the ice melting... Perhaps this is the reason why I've never held the climate change and environment portfolio, I'd be asking questions all round.

Anyhow, whatever you're doing, here's hoping you have a good Bank Holiday weekend!!

No comments: