Saturday 9 June 2007

Hello from Rhodes

I am currently having a few days break being away from everything, but I don't know, one just can't stay away!!

Been in very sunny Rhodes since Wednesday and earlier whilst having lunch by the harbour watching the ships and people go by (and not a sailor in sight, let me tell you!), I was taken by how clean things are, despite very few little bins, and one wonders what can we learn back in England?

There are some big bins for the locals to dump their rubbish, similar to that seen by Sheila Peacock and myself over the new year in Verona, so perhaps there is something we can learn from our European neighbours in terms of cleansing, who knows?

Despite being away, still can't avoid key matters, like watching England beat Estonia 3-0 on Wednesday and checking up on the Big Brother information, now some men have arrived, my interest will have picked up!!

Anyway, popped out on the local "train" for a tour around Rhodes Town for 4 Euros earlier which lasted for around an hour and some lovely sights, this was followed by my lunch on the harbour.

And as a Religous person, it has also been nice to visit some of the local Churches, indeed, I have just been to Mass where the service was conducted in both Latin and English. Strange to know the English words suddenly become all romantic in Latin.

I'm off to visit Turkey on Monday, which is just 12 miles away! Sad fact time, I collect key-rings, so Rhodes and Turkey have now been added to my list, I mean just how sad is that?

Anyway, my time on the internet is fast running out, so tet-ta for now. (Oh and yes, I'm missing what looks like a good episode of Dr. Who.........)

Now, where's my drink??? xx

No comments: